Canada PR Visa Process
What is Canada PR, and why do you need it?
Suppose the Canadian govt grants you the status of a Permanent Resident (PR). By issuing a PR Visa, you become a Canadian PR. It gives you the right to stay and work anywhere in Canada and enjoy almost all the privileges of a Canadian citizen! It also gives you a right to multiple entries and exits from the country for up to 5 years.
If you wish to become a Permanent Resident of Canada in 2020, follow the process as discussed on this page and get closer to your Canada PR Visa!
Topics To Discuss
- The step-by-step process for Canada PR Visa from India
- Five steps process to apply through the Express Entry system
- Canada Fees and Processing Time
- Document Required For Canada PR
- Minimum Points Required for Canada PR
What is the Canada PR Process for immigration to Canada from India?
Here is a step-by-step process for Canada PR Visa from India:
1) Check your eligibility for Canadian immigration programs. Every program has a different eligibility criterion; make sure you meet all the minimum requirements of the immigration pathway you choose. Get Free Assessment
2) Once you are eligible, you must complete an online application through the Canada Federal Government-run Express Entry System for the most suitable economic immigration program.
3) Get a rank in the Express Entry Pool of Candidates and wait for clearing the cut off the position in the fortnightly draws.
4) If you are selected, you will get an ITA from IRCC. You must then make a complete application to IRCC for Canada PR Visa.
What are the steps for applying for Canada PR through the Express Entry system?
Suppose you are a skilled worker looking to get a Canada PR visa. In that case, you must apply through the Canada Express Entry system for one of the following popular economic immigration programs:
- A) Federal Skilled Worker Class
- B) Federal Skilled Trades Class
- C) Canadian Experience Class
- D) Certain PNPs that are aligned with the Express Entry system
Five steps process to apply through the Express Entry system:
- Check your eligibility: You have to be eligible for at least one of the three economic immigration programs under Express Entry. Be sure to check every eligibility requirement of the plan you choose. Get Free Assessment.
- Create an Express Entry profile: This will be your Expression of Interest (EOI). You will get a CRS score based on your face and will be ranked against other candidates.
- You may create a Canada Job Bank account if you don’t have a job offer or provincial nomination.
- Await an ITA for PR Visa: If you meet the cut off rank announced at regular Express Entry draws conducted regularly, IRCC will issue an Invitation to Apply for Canada PR Visa.
- Make an online application to IRCC: On receiving the ITA, you will have 60 days to make a final application for your Canada PR visa.
Once you submit your online application, IRCC will take around six months to process your Canada PR visa application.
Canada Fees and Processing Time:
You are asked to pay Canada PR visa fees only after you get your ITA!
The cost of each immigration program will differ. The most popular immigration pathway for skilled workers from India is FSWC and some PNPs.
Here’s the General Cost for Canada PR Visa:
|Fee||Primary applicant||Secondary applicant||Dependent child|
|Processing Fee||CAD 550||CAD 550||CAD 150|
|Right of PR Fee||CAD 490||CAD 490||N/A|
|Biometrics Fee||CAD 85||CAD 85||N/A|
Fees for PNPs:
1) OINP: CAD 1500 for the primary applicant.
2) SINP: CAD 300
3) QINP: CAD 390
Canada Processing Time:
Canada PR Visa application processing time depends on the immigration pathway you choose. IRCC claims to process PR visa applications within six months through the Express Entry system.
Generally, all Canada PR visa applications are processed within 6 to 10 months.
Document Required For Canada PR
The most important documents required for a Canada PR visa are:
- Personal identity documents
- IELTS result for English as a primary language
- ECA report for non-Canadian education
- Education certificates
- Proof of work experience
- Proof of funds
- Medical reports
- Police clearance certificate
- Proof of marital status
- Proof of adoption (if any)
- A job offer or provincial nomination (if any)
- Any other document(s) as required by IRCC and immigration authorities.
Minimum Points Required for Canada PR
You need at least 67 points out of a maximum of 100 points on the Express Entry Points Assessment Grid to be eligible to apply for Canada PR Visa for FSWP in 2020.