Documents Required for Canada PR in 2021
Be sure to arrange all required documents and any specific documents per your Canada PR Visa immigration program before applying.
What are the Documents Required to be submitted by an Indian for Canada PR Visa 2021?
The most Imperative Documents Required by CIC in 2021 are:
- Birth Certificate or another Govt. Issued identity card for proving your age.
- Updated Passport or Travel Document
- Language Proficiency Test Result like IELTS result for English
- Education Credentials Assessment report from a valid institution like WES
- Your educational qualification documents like degrees/ diplomas/ certificates
- A valid proof of relevant work experience
- Job offer letter from an employer in Canada (if any)
- Provincial Nominee Certificate/ Territorial Nominee Certificate (if any)
- Proof of Funds issued by your financial institution on its letterhead
- A valid medical certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Express Entry profile submission related details:
- Express Entry profile number
- Personal reference code
- Job Seeker validation code
- A valid Character Certificate
- Marital Status related documents:
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Common-law Union/ Cohabitation (if applicable)
- Divorce related proof (if applicable)
- Letter of Adoption (if applicable)
- Letter of Explanation in case you want to declare to immigration authorities something material to your Canada immigration.
- Any other documents as specified during your application process under your Canada immigration program.
You may also need the following documents for a Canada PR visa:
- Documents supporting dependent children (under age 22)
- Form for the use of a representative (if any)
- If you have adopted a child or children, documents related to the same.
- Proof of relation with someone in Canada is staying as a PR.
- Proof of PR status of such relative.
- Sponsorship deed to support sponsoring by such relative in Canada.
- Photographs and the above documents scanned for digital use.
What documents to carry along when arriving in Canada as a Permanent Resident 2021?
After a Canada PR visa is issued, you need document verification for:
- Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)
- Canadian Foreigner Visa
- Copies of the list of financial assets and their value in CAD. Keep proof of these assets ready, if asked.
- Don’t carry more than CAD 10000. If you do, disclose it to the immigration authorities.
- Updated and renewed documents. IRCC will check all documents at the Port of Entry.
What is a Canadian Permanent Residence (PR) Visa?
Canada PR Visa is the visa issued to non-Canadians by IRCC for allowing them to work and settle in Canada. It allows multiple entries for five years.
What are the minimum eligibility requirements for a Canadian PR visa 2021?
- You need to score at least 67 points out of 100 on the Express Entry point assessment grid on factors like age, work experience, adaptability, and language skills
- Your education/ training and work experience must be in-demand in Canada, and your occupation must be listed in NOC level O, A, or B.
How to apply for Canada PR?
Apply for a Canada PR visa in 3 Steps:
- Check your eligibility for Canada PR Visa: You need to score a minimum of 67/100 points along with meeting minimum requirements for a Canada PR Visa
- Apply online through the Express Entry system and get your CRS score. If you are selected based on your rank, IRCC will give you an ITA for Canada PR Visa.
- On receiving the ITA, you must make a complete and accurate application to IRCC for a Canada PR visa within 60 days of getting the ITA.
Q: How much is the Canada visa fee?
Ans: Canada PR visa fee for you is CAD 550 + CAD 490. The application fee for the primary applicant is CAD 550+ RPR Fee CAD 490. Additionally, the cost for spouse/ common-law partner is CAD 550 + RPR Fee CAD 490, and the price for a dependent child is CAD 150.
Q: How long does it take for a Canadian visa to be approved?
Ans: 6 Months
Once IRCC receives a complete application with all the requisite documents, it takes six months to process it. It may take more time on some applications based on its details.
Q: How much is the Biometric fee for Canada?
Ans: CAD 85
The biometric fee for Canada is CAD 85 per person.
Q: How many years the PR visa does Canada give?
Ans: 5 years.
The IRCC gives a five year PR Visa for multiple-entry in Canada. After three years as a PR and meeting other requirements, you can apply for Canadian citizenship.