How to Apply for Canada PR Visa?
What is a Canadian permanent residence visa?
A PR visa allows you to enjoy a Permanent Resident’s rights in Canada, which is almost like those of a Canadian citizen.
Topics To Discuss:
- What is a Canadian permanent residence visa?
- Eligibility Criteria: How to Get PR in Canada?
- How to Apply for Canada PR from India: Step by Step Process.
- Apply for Canada Permanent Resident Visa in 3 simple steps.
- What documents are required to apply for PR in Canada from India?
- Canada permanent resident visa fees from India.
- Step-by-step process for applying for Canada PR through the Express Entry system?
- How can you calculate your Canada PR visa points in 2020?
Eligibility Criteria: How to Get PR in Canada?
- Age: You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a Canada PR visa.
- Language Skills: You must choose at least one out of French and English as your primary language. You must also prove your language proficiency through a valid test like IELTS for English with a minimum of CLB 7.
- Education Credentials: You must at least be a graduate to be eligible. It would be best to have an ECA from WES for your education outside Canada to be verified against Canadian education standards.
- Work experience: You need 2-3 years of work experience to be eligible for Canada PR.
How to Apply for Canada PR from India: Step by Step Process
There are various pathways to get your Canada PR visa from India. The most popular are:
- A) Express Entry system for skilled workers.
- B) Provincial Nominee programs (PNPs).
- C) Quebec Skilled Worker Program(QSWP).
- D) Other programs like sponsorship programs, start-up visa, etc.
Apply for Canada Permanent Resident Visa in 3 simple steps:
Step 1: Collect Documents and Check your Eligibility:
Get your Education Credential Assessment (ECA) from a recognized institution, get your IELTS test results ready, and Check your eligibility for Canada PR Visa by calculating your points.
Step 2:Create your profile and get your CRS score:
Once eligible, apply to IRCC online through the Express Entry system and get your CRS score and rank.
Step 3 Get invited by IRCC and make the final application for a Canada PR visa:
If IRCC selects you based on your rank, you will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA). You must make a complete application to IRCC along with the requisite documents and Canada immigration fees.
What documents are required to apply for PR in Canada from India?
You need the following documents directly or for information:
- ECA Report
- IELTS Test Result
- Identity Proof
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Adoption Certificate (if applicable)
- Educational Degrees, Diplomas, Certificates, Etc.
- Proof of Work Experience.
- Travel Document or Passport
- Job Offer letter (if applicable)
- Provincial Nomination (if applicable)
- Proof of Funds
- Medical Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Any other Document as Required to Support the Details in the Application.
Processing time is taken for Canada Permanent Residency visa application :
The Express Entry takes upto six months to process your application.
This time may depend on the Canadian immigration pathway you choose and some specific factors of your application.
Canada permanent resident visa fees from India
If you are migrating to Canada with your family, your fees are as follows:
- You: CAD 550 + RPR fee CAD 490
- Spouse: CAD 550 + RPR fee CAD 490
- Dependent child: CAD 150
What is the step-by-step process for applying for Canada PR through the Express Entry system
- Eligibility: Meet the specific minimum requirement of the immigration program you apply to under Canada PR. Get help Free Assessment
- Documents: Get all the requisite documents ready with originals and scanned copies. Get a list of documents needed for a Canada PR visa
- Express Entry profile: Create your profile; if you are eligible, you will be added to a pool of qualified applicants.
- Get Ranked: Once in the pool, a points-based system will assign you a score based on your profile information.
- Get An ITA: If you score high enough, you will be given an invitation to apply for a Canada PR visa by IRCC.
- Complete Application: once you get an ITA from IRCC, you will have 60 days to make a final application with required documents like Police & Medical certificates and the Canada PR Visa Fees For You And Your Family.
How can you calculate your Canada PR visa points in 2020?
- You are scored against selection factors with a maximum score of 100 points.
- Language skills (28 points): You must have at least CLB 7 or NCLC 7 in Reading, writing, speaking, and listening in the primary language. CLB 9 gets the highest score.
- Education (25 points): If you are an Indian, you must be a graduate if your education is attained outside Canada. A Ph.D. gets the highest score.
- Work experience (15 points): You must have at least two years of work experience. If you have more than six years of experience, you can score the highest points.
- Age (12 points): You can score the highest points if you belong to 25 years- 35 years age group.
- Arranged Employment (10 points): If you have a job offer for at least 1 year from a Canadian employer, you may score 10 points.
- Adaptability (10 points): Based on adaptability factors for you or your spouse/ common-law partner, you may score 10 points.
Q: What is a good CRS score for PR visa application for Canadians?
If you have a CRS score somewhere between 450 to 500, it is considered a good CRS score for Canadians’ PR visa application.
Q: What are the English language tests that are accepted for the Canada PR visa application?
You may take the following English language tests for the Canada PR visa application:
- A) International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- B) Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP)
Q: Can Canadian PR holders visit the USA?
No, you will need a non-immigrant or temporary visa to visit the USA even if you are a Canadian PR. There are some other countries like Aruba, Bermuda, Mexico, etc. where you can go without an additional visa if you have a Canada PR visa.